PLZ kill me.. or at least remove my email address from the list..!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 8 07:32:53 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 01:24, Lars Bech Nygaard wrote:
>Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Linux mailing-list community,
>

>I am desperately trying to get OFF this mailing list, but unfortunately
>it seems to be in vain.
>That's the reason why I try to get 'unhooked' in this way.
>
>I have tried to 'unsubscribe' through the link, in the mails I receive,
>but so far without success
>
>So, if you please would remove me from your mailing-list, I should be
>happy, and you’d not need to read the rest..*G*
>
>In case you really have something to say, which I need to know, PLZ
>remove the ‘tag’ which I’ve added in sharp brackets, in order to let
>Thunderbird filter any auto-replies…
>>
>I have a very good friend, who talked me into trying linux, and
>following his advice, I installed Kubuntu, after having taken a good
>look at it, from the live-disk.
>I genuinely like the look and feel of kubuntu, and had I been somewhat
>more skilled in computing, I’d still have been a happy kubuntu user.
>Unfortunately my computing skills does not include i.e. recompiling –
>which I’ve understood sometimes is a must, in linux… I got a faint
>feeling what recompiling is all about, but to DO it myself, is, at this
>present time, out of my reach, or maybe just out of my grasp..
>
>Now I have a deep respect for all you guys and girls doing a great job
>developing linux, and other freeware applications, but as my computing
>skills are not likely to ‘auto-improve’ to a satisfying degree, I guess,
>that I’ll stay where I am, at least for now.
>
>To everybody out there: Have a nice summer, and please do not forget to
>remove me from your address-book..!
>
>In case you’d like to write me, you can use this address:
>lars2 at bechnygaard.dk <mailto:lars2 at bechnygaard.dk>
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Lars Bech Nygaard
>Ex kubuntu-user, Denmark

I'm afraid your win-centric methods of containing spam may have led you to
not ever get the confirmation of subscription status change email that the
server will send you, and that message MUST be responded to in order to
effect the unsubscribe.

Also, a potential problem with some versions of tbird is the fact that some
versions do not display signature text occuring after the normal sig
seperator of a "newline,dash,dash,space,newline" sequence that is pretty
universally used to seperate body text from signature stuff, the end
result being that you personally never see the last line of the sig which
is the address of the listserver that allows you to do your own
unsubscribe operations.  Given the sheer size of these lists, its a bit
unkind to ask the operator to personally edit the list to remove you when
you can so easily do it yourself.

You can unsubscribe there, and you must receive the confirmation msg, and
do a simple reply to the confirmation message the server will send you.
You don't have to add a thing to the msg when you reply.

This tag marking you are doing is completely foreign to the spamassassin &
its ilks way of handling the spam problem, which it (SA) is doing here
with an accuracy of well over 99%.

IMO you are not giving linux a fair chance to prove its far more stable and
secure than whats coming out of Redmond, WA.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: