KMail and spam

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen kubuntu at mekanix.dk
Thu Aug 3 07:28:06 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 13:14, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've set up KMail with spamassasin to fight spam, but I'm not very happy
> about it's efficiency. It only flags about 40-50% of the spam as spam. I've
> configured spamassassin with razor2 and dcc.
>
> Is this the best I can hope for or have I done something wrong in
> configuring spamassassin?

Ok, I've cleaned out my old .spamassassin directory in home, and going with
the default-setup (mostly). And I've set up bogofilter as well.

Now the 2 of them (spamassassin and bogofilter) catches about 20-50% of the
spam I receive. Stil not good.

But looking at the spamassassin-report for each spam-message it looks like it
doesn't trigger neither any bayes-rules, nor razor2 and dcc. Sounds to me
like my setup isn't entirely correct.

Bjarne