[breezy] Aptitude broke amarok

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 07:49:26 UTC 2006

> > BTW, there is also a bad side-effect to this: if you don't purge
> > periodically the cache it will grow bigger and bigger... reminds me of
> > windows ;-)
>
> Nope.  It's just basic configuration options.  I can't seem to keep any
> second copies of the cache, but at least I know where the options are :-):

I meant that by default (at least on all the boxes I saw and IIRC),
apt comes with no auto cleaning.

BTW, I like the aptitude autoclean feature which "removes any cached
packages which can no longer be downloaded. This allows you to prevent
a cache from growing out of control over time without completely
emptying it."
--
Michel