audiocd not working

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Wed Apr 26 20:56:54 UTC 2006

Since a week or so I can't get audiocd to work in any of my computers running
Kubuntu. It used to work without problems for sure about 4 months ago, maybe
latter. Is anybody experiencing this same problem ? By not working I mean
that when you start to copy the files, either wav or ogg, it stalls.
I see that kscd runs when I insert an Audio CD, I thought that might be the
problem but there are two things to note:
- I deleted /usr/bin/kscd (I needed a fast solution, I don't do that normally)
and the problem persisted.
- I configure KSCD not to run (from Extras -> Configure KSCD) still it runs
when I insert the CD and when I check the option it is magically set again;
how do I get rid of KSCD running ?
Anybody else experience this problem ? I think it might be a general problem
since it happened in two very different computers but both running Kubuntu
Breezy updated to lattest (and backports, but I don't think it is important
in this case) and with various different CDs.
Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)