Successful Dapper install

Scott sclewin at bmts.com
Sat Apr 22 14:38:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

    When flight 6 came out I tried it on my desktop, but every time I
went to the K Menu the computer would freeze, so I gave up and went back
to Breezy.  When the Beta came out I decided to try again, but I had the
same problem.  This time I decided to install the ATI driver and it worked.

    I thought it may be beneficial to some people on the list if I just
mentioned how I fixed the problem.  The problem seems to come from my
Radeon 9550 card, so I went by the BinaryDriverHowto/ATI
(https://wiki.kubuntu.org/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI).  I simply printed out
the Ubuntu provided drivers part before hand then booted into the
failsafe.  It was not very difficult and the problem was solved.

--
Your friend,
Scott