Kate questions

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:21:58 UTC 2006

In the Kate text editor, I use the bookmarks to connect to other
machinesvia the fish protocol. Each time I try to connect, however, it
asks me for my password. I do check "remember password" but it does
not always save. Why? I tried adding the bookmark in the form of
fish://user:password@machine.com/home/user but in any case, it asks me
for my psasword. When I go back to edit the bookmarks, I see that the
password part has been deleted, and sometimes the /home/user part is
deleted too. Where is this bookmark file stored, so that I might
better understand the problem?

Also, is there an easy way to create a new file on a remote system
from within Kate? I current must copy the bookmarks location to the
clipboard, go to File->Save As and then paste the location into the
window. Can the option of "create new file" be added to the built-in
file manager in much the same way as "create new directory" is
currently there?

Finally, how can I refresh the view in Kate's built-in file manager?

Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://EssentiaLinux.com