kubuntu/ipod update

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Thu Apr 20 11:48:02 UTC 2006

okay i now have gtkpod working with my ipod - mostly. the one thing i
can't do is copy music TO the ipod because it mounts read-only. how can
i mount the ipod read/write only? i found reference to the command
hpmount which, at first, seems to work when i run:

hpmount /dev/sda3 /media/ipod

it asks me if i'm sure i want to mount read/write and i say "yes". i get
no errors reported back but when i check /media/ipod there's nothing there.

any suggestions?

thanks again.

--
\||/   jack wallen, jr                  || life's too short for pants
 00    soon to be head artist           || so get your skirt on @
  >    no really, an artist of heads -  || www.monkeypantz.net
 _     okay, okay...cosmetologist.      ||