ipod and kubuntu

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Wed Apr 19 21:22:53 UTC 2006

Art Alexion wrote:
> I can access my shuffle with Konqueror (as a usb disk), in amaroK and in
> GTKpod.  When I plug the shuffle into the usb port, it is recognized and
> placed on the desktop -- BUT NOT MOUNTED.  If you get this, right click the
> ipod icon on the desktop and select mount.  By default it should be mounted
> on /media/sda1 (or sdb2, etc. depending on other usb devices you may have
> connected).  In Amarok, go to the media device tab and click the connect
> button.  Once connected, your songs should be displayed.
>
> To add music you can either drag and drop from the playlist to the ipod song
> list, or right click the song and choose the command to queue it for the
> device.

did all this and it sees everything in amarok now. BUT when i try to
play a song (after dragging into the queue) it instantly goes to
"playlist finished" and doesn't play the song. i've tried all the output
engines and none of them seem to work.

any ideas?

i'll google and see what i can find.

thanks for all your help.
--
\||/   jack wallen, jr                  || life's too short for pants
 00    soon to be head artist           || so get your skirt on @
  >    no really, an artist of heads -  || www.monkeypantz.net
 _     okay, okay...cosmetologist.      ||