Kubuntu Live DVD + Install disc issues (Daniel)

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:53:41 UTC 2006

2006/4/19, Daniel <calcmandan at gmail.com>:

> I discovered what the problem was.  After the file was downloaded, it
> was given an icon as if it were a .rar.  So I expanded it and burned
> what was there.  Later, after some thinking, I checked the file type in
> command prompt and realized it was .iso.

I never understood why windows decided to hide the extension by default! To
link to another on-going thread, I think it is better to display extensions
and not select them when renaming...

So I reburned it onto a new DVD.  It boots now.

Since new ISOs are published quite frequently, I always use ReWritable
CD/DVD ;-)

Michel