Kubuntu Live DVD + Install disc issues

Daniel calcmandan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 00:30:04 UTC 2006

I downloaded, via torrent, the kubuntu live DVD + install disc.  I have
a spare computer I'm hoping to install Kubuntu on but the computer won't
boot from the disc.  I set the bios to do so but it just boots to XP.  I
checked out the structure of the disc and the autorun file is there
indeed.  The computer will boot to an old win98 disc I have with no
problems.  Below is the content of the autorun file:

[autorun]
open=start.exe
icon=start.exe

The folders on the disc:
.disk, bin, casper, disctree, dists, doc, install, isolinux, pics, pool,
preseed, programs

The files on the disc:

autorun, md5sum, README-diskdefines, start.bmp, start.exe, start.ini, ubuntu

When I load the disc while XP is loaded, disctree browser does load and
gives me a number of options; none of which is to install Kubuntu.  But
says to boot from the CD to try it or install it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thx.

Daniel