John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at
Mon Apr 10 17:34:02 BST 2006

Art Alexion <art.alexion at> writes:

> Not happening for me.  I am using amaroK 1.3.x (where x == 8 or 9).  ogg
> files are transfered to the iPod as ogg files and are ignored by the iPod.

Interesting.  Do you have lame installed?  I haven't tested it when I
recently moved to Kubuntu, but it worked fine when I used Debian sarge
(and sid).

I just did a search, and there is a kio slave for ipod
called ipodslave.  You might have to install that. Also, I have my files
in flac, but that shouldn't make any difference.

One thing I have found out is that amarok tends to corrupt the ipod
database, so I don't think it's that safe.  IMMV.  It should be fixed in
1.4 series, because the amarok developers went over to the gpod library.

John L. Fjellstad
web:          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes