Amarok

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 03:12:37 UTC 2006

John L Fjellstad wrote:

>Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> writes:
>

>>>amaroK will automagically convert your ogg or flac files to mp3 when you
>>>load them into your ipod.
>>>

>>That's "can" rather than "will" isn't it?  Don't you need the right amarok
>>script.
>>

>Possibly.  But then it comes default with amaroK because I haven't
>written any scripts or done anything special.  All I've done was
>installing the amaroK package and moved files over to the iPod.  One
>thing you have to have is a mp3 encoder, though.

Not happening for me.  I am using amaroK 1.3.x (where x == 8 or 9).  ogg
files are transfered to the iPod as ogg files and are ignored by the iPod.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c