Announcement from www.kubuntu.de

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Apr 9 20:51:16 UTC 2006

Jonathan Riddell schrieb am 09.04.2006 22:34:
> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 07:16:38PM +0200, Christoph Wiesen wrote:
>
>>>Please clarify, is this kubuntu.de or the entire kubuntu project?
>>
>>From the announcements it's pretty clear that this is about kubuntu.de and the
>>developer manpower of amu, I think.
>

> The issue is that when kubuntu.org happened to move to a new machine
> amu's request for an account on the machine didn't get handled.  Amu
> makes the occational Live CDs that accompany KDE releases so it's
> obviouisly useful for him to have an account.  Canonical's sysadmin is
> a busy person however and he missed the request.  Amu's account has
> now been added so problem solved.
>

>>I'd also like to hear more about the specifics, but looking at the
>>announcement I think it's pretty serious news that requests by people who
>>spend their free time (without any payments) on making Kubuntu a better
>>distribution get completely ignored by Canonical and Shuttleworth - the same
>>Shuttleworth that some weeks ago announced he's using Kubuntu himself now and
>>will make it "a first class citizen".
>

> This has nothing to do with Mark Shuttleworth and not much to do with
> Canonical, it's just the sysadmin missing a request.
>

>>I think Kubuntu is actually great the way it is, but it could be a lot better
>>if there was some more commercial backup.
>

> Canonical has been wonderfully supportive of Kubuntu.  As far as I
> know they havn't sold any commercial support contracts for it though
> so from a commercial point of view it makes little sense to put more
> money into it until that starts to happen.
>
> The note on kubuntu.de does make the problem appear far larger than it
> was, it did get the issue solved though so time to move along.
>
> Jonathan

Thank you very much Jonathan for clearing it all up. ;)

I think it would be a good idea to post something similar on
ubuntu-users, because there were a lot of rumors, too.

bye Thilo

PS. ...and thank you and also amu on working on Kubuntu, which is really
appreciated

- --
i am on Ubuntu 2.6 KDE
- - some friend of mine

New gpg key: Ox4A411E09
Key fingerprint = 518B A01D E315 9AE5 68FE  344A 8247 4789 4A41 1E09