- Ubable to operate Ubuntu freely !

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 18:26:15 UTC 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 10:49, Michal Janda wrote:
> vilas, 03.04.2006 10:16
>
> > Dear David A.Rebel,
> > Yes my ISP use PPPoE. But could not create my account as it could not be
> > confugured in Ubuntu while it could be in Windows XP
>
> There is a script called pppoeconf which take you throw the
> installation. in konsole write :
> sudo pppoeconf
>
> You will need name/password from your ISP.

If you have trouble with pppoeconf, as I and others have, install rp-pppoe.
the installlation will guide you through setup.  You can always reconfigure
with
sudo adsl-setup

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c