Kubuntu in a corp. environment (was: /etc/resolv.conf file issues)

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Sep 29 16:08:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:25, Derek Broughton wrote:
> James Gray wrote:
> >>
> >> Can you point me to a Howto?  I've never got Samba working in that
> >> direction (and it's not been enough of an issue to make me dig into
> >> it).
> >
> > Ah - the magic that unlocks the NTLM door is in the cotrol panel.  Try
> > this: 1. Open Control Panel
> > 2. Open "Internet & Network -> Local Network Browsing"
>
> Doh!  As soon as I got there, I realized I had the right username in
> there, but no domain name.
>
> I didn't even need to read as far as...
>
> > Keep in mind, if your company uses an Active Directory
> > "domain" you'll need to prefix your user name (in #3) with it.

Heheh - we've all done those sort of things....

Today I was staring at a block of code that kept barfing during the build
with "invalid use of 'this' in non-member function".  A colleague walked
over and said - "Duh - where's the class_name:: in front of the
function?!".  Sometimes you need to take a step away to see the wood for
the trees.

It's 2am here, and I'm taking a step away...to bed!

Glad I could help out :)

James
--
A real friend isn't someone you use once and then throw away.
A real friend is someone you can use over and over again.