Kubuntu with a Samsung SCX 4100

Franis Engel an8elic at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 21:30:27 UTC 2005

I'm thinking of buying this laser printer for use with
Kubuntu on a triple boot system.

I'm most interested in the copier/laser printer thing,
but it would be nice if the scanner also worked because
I'm getting really attached to Scribus and thinking of
converting my business over it using Scribus exclusively.

Samsung says: Compatible with Various Linux OS (via USB
interface only) including Red Hat, Caldera, Mandrake,
Slackware, SuSE and Turbo Linux

...duh, does that mean it will work with Kubuntu?

I heard that Linux had trouble with USB and I should
stick to relying on the paralellport connection...and
this thing has only 8MB memory - forever.

has anyone heard anything about this or tried this
printer or any comments?

Thanks,
Franis