KDE 3.4.2 for AMD64?

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Sep 4 01:18:23 UTC 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 22:26, you wrote:
> Alle 01:32, sabato 3 settembre 2005, James Gray ha scritto:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I don't want to sound like an ungrateful bastard, but when the hell can
> > we expect AMD64 packages for KDE 3.4.2 on Hoary??  One of the big carrots
> > dangled was that Kubuntu will support AMD64....<ok>...so where's the
> > packages?  KDE 3.4.0 is a bit buggy  and I've noticed most of these
> > irritations are gone on 3.4.2 which is running on my i386 lappy over
> > there
>
> Hi, I compiled kde 3.4.2 on amd64. everything but kdesdk package was
> fine...sorry... (I posted the problem in kubuntu-devel list but so far no
> one replied). I don't have a public repository, but if you trust me and
> want to try my packages, contact me. I've got koffice 1.4.1 packages too.

Is there a problem with kdesdk source package?  I use kdevelop and the other
dev tools for KDE (kdiff, cervisia etc) a lot...so this is a bit of a show
stopper :(  Like I said above, I wouldn´t be so keen for 3.4.2 on AMD64 except
that it has solved a lot of the nagging little bugs I encountered 3.4.0.

> I think that if we want to resolve this problem, we'll have to buy a amd64
> pc for jonathan or other kubuntu people :-P.

OK - so how do we start a fund?  Does one already exist (paypal etc?).  I'm
willing to put my money where my mouth is :)

Cheers,

James
--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.