kmail questions

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 21:26:13 UTC 2005

Derek Broughton wrote:

>Art Alexion wrote:
>

>>I am thinking of switching from Thunderbird to kmail/kontact.
>>

>Smart man :-)
>

>>   2. While it is nice that I can set up different identities connected
>>      to different POP accounts, I can't find any way or documentation
>>      on how to switch identities "on the fly", that is, on an ad hoc
>>      per message basis.
>>

>While editing a message, click on the View menu and check Identity.  Then
>you have a drop down list of identities to choose from.

I found another way.  Right click on message composer toolbar and add an
identities button.  the Button toggles the appearance of a drop-down
list where an identity can be chosen.

>>   4. During the transition, I would like to share mail folders between
>>      kmail and Thunderbird so that all mail is collected in the same
>>      place.  That is, I am not talking about importing the mail at this
>>      time, but rather having both MUAs accessing the same folders.  Is
>>      this possible?  Is there a good how-to?
>>

>If thunderbird uses maildirs, easy.  Add an account, of type Maildir, and
>point it to the right directory.  You can NOT have two processes access an
>mbox.  Just Don't Do It :)  Alternatively, run an imap server, and point
>both mail programs at it (or practically any other mail program).

Just so I am clear, do I add the Maildir account to kmail or thunderbird?

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c