Some remarks about Kubuntu 5.10

R.P.M.Koendering r.p.m.koendering at planet.nl
Tue Oct 18 13:54:13 UTC 2005

First off all: congratulations with this Linux version.

I finally solved my internet connection trying installation 5 times.

When I entered my DNS ip address for NON DHCP it was NOT working the 4
installations. The 5th time it worked!

I personally do not like the new package/update system and I use Synaptic.

Also I do not like the Kubuntu Settings method. Is there a way to install the
standard solution??

Once more, like i asked for the previous version, the fonts are ugly. I do
have anti-aliasing for fonts on medium hinting style.

I.e. the fonts should look smooth like other distributions (Mandriuva, SuSe,
Fedora, PCLinuxOS).

Is there someone who can help me to improve my ugly fonts to an acceptable
form.

Also there is a ugly gray screen when starting before the Kubutu blue appears.
Other distro's do not have this gray screen.

I do like the boot screen, but not when I stop. Can we get the same screen
when stopping?

well stupid questions, but if there is anyone out there whop can help me then
please.....

Once more I do like Kubuntu and when I CAN SOLVE MY MINOR POINTS I will keep
using it!

Software request: KAT for searching documents, an automatic update
possibility, a notifier for updates, patches etc. (E-mail is perfect)

Regards,

PCLos - Linux user