OpenOffice Substitutes

Merv Curley mcurley at eol.ca
Sun Oct 16 03:19:36 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 15:53, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > It is more convenient if all your files are standard format and
> > when Koffice can write Open Document like OpenOffice2, all will
> > be dandy.
>
> It won't be dandy until MS decides to support Open Document.
> --

Only if you have to pass data to Windows users,  a situation I am not
in.  However Microsoft are going to allow Office users to save files
in pdf format so Step 1 has been reached.  If you pay a few hundred
dollars for the privilege of course.

If more States act like Mass. then the process will happen quicker of
course.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont.Can