The programing

Derek Shields derek at shieldsfv.go-plus.net
Thu Oct 6 08:34:45 UTC 2005

I'd just like to say how much I agree with Peter. I'm a newish user of
Linux, I love it and feel that it is an absolute boon to the computer
user, but it is hard enough to learn how to use it without smart and
rude answers to reasonable questions. Most of the stuff written about
Linux is utterly incomprehensible to anyone except a reasonably expert
user and it does nobody any sort of service to add to the pain of
learning with abuse.

If we are a community, let's be a loving one, not a bunch of smart-arses
- this only betrays a fundamental lack of self-confidence. Linux is
great, Linux users are great people, let us be confident in those fact.
Best wishes, Derek