Strange problem with authentication after screensaver lock.

L. Boggio L.Boggio.KUbuntu at ADonF.info
Sun Nov 13 12:04:06 UTC 2005

Le 12/11/05, Jim McQuiston a dit :

> Hello list:
>
> I am having a most odd problem with my "Breezy" machine. It seems that
> after changing the root password to my system, I cannot no longer
> authenticate myself once my machine has been locked by the screensaver.
>
> I feel the problem is in my changing of the root password because of the
> following sequence of events:
.../...

When I first installed Kubuntu, I choosed too to set a root password,
in order to keep my previous 'way to work' as in Mandrake.
I happenned to have a lot of strange behaviours, all linked to
authentification, and begun to believe this distro was totally bugged.
I browsed on Kubuntu forums, and saw some texts that drove me to try to
remove this root password. Since that, I didn't have any problem with
auth behaviours.
I think that Kubuntu team made some choices in the distribution
configuraztion that implied that you were using sudo with no root
password, and that the fact of using one brings that behaviour... It's
sad, I must admit, but that's what I think...

--
L.Boggio
French Kubuntu 5.10 User, and proud of it !