kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 36

Böete Yann yann.boete at grupoantolin.com
Fri May 27 08:04:06 UTC 2005

Sara Vasquez wrote

>Hey
>I love ubuntu, but I just got an educational copy of Maya 6.5 it sais >that I need REdHat or Suse. I would like to know if someone has mange >to get it working in ubuntu. I really like ubuntu and would like to >keep it.

I looked at http://www.alias.com/eng/support/maya/qualified_hardware/QUAL/maya_65_linux.html
And it does seem that maya provides all libraries needed.
Maybe you can play with the LDPAT variable environment. You can indicate a different libraries path instead of the standard one (look at http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html for more explanation)

AFAIK, liking with library without a lot of care must be hazardous (program crash). Especially with non C library like the libstdc++. Each compiler, moreover, and some time each version of compiler write the libstc++ in a different way. And if your programme compiled with on version of g++ tried to load a C++ object in a libstd++ compiled with another version, it may cause a program crash.

Sorry for my bad English, but French people doesn't be famous for their foreign language skill.

--
Yann Boëté