KDE 3.4.1 (was Kopete not connecting...)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Fri May 20 10:57:36 UTC 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 21:45, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> On Thursday 19 May 2005 21:05, Liz Young wrote:
>
> Cheers Liz,
>
> > On Thursday 19 May 2005 11:36 am, Dario Spagnolo wrote:
> > > Or wait KDE 3.4.1 which is planed in less than one week.
> >
> > Can anyone say if this will be available via apt in Hoary, or just
> > Breezy?
>
> ... just Breezy

Hm, that's bad. This "bug" renders kopete near to unusable for many people (I
don't regard using Jabber as  a gateway as a serieus option though. It's far
from intuitive and requires adding another service to the game.

I'd very much appreciate a backported kopete fixed in hoary, many people,
especially not-so-experienced users would like to stay with a stable release,
that is Hoary. As far as I understand the problem, the fix is:

1) Obvious
2) Independant on other updates
3) Necessary to keep kopete working

These 3 qualify for me as bugfixes and would allow for an update in a stable
release.

So please reconsider backporting the fix to hoary.

Thanks in advance,
--
sebas