PROBLEM SOLVED Kubuntu (i think) (have a laugh on me, go on)

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Fri May 6 16:29:32 UTC 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 03:45, Martin J Hooper wrote:
> Bobby Singh wrote:
> > I do have some points:
> > - I am now using Konqueror but normally use Firefox.
> > Its not default kubuntu.  But i am getting use to
> > Konqueror.  Before i import my bookmarks is it ok to
> > use it.  Is it just as secure as firefox and bug free.
> > - I have a FAT32 partition for my files to use between
> > different OS and distros.  In kubunntu how do i open
> > thoose partitions, i can't mount them or open them, i
> > get error. (in mandrake you just have them to click).
>
> In a terminal type "sudo apt-get install mozilla-firefox" without the
> quotes which will install Firefox for you.

That hardly fixes the problem.  In fact, I would hope firefox has no more
privilege to do that than konqueror.

If you define the partition in /etc/fstab with the "user" option, e.g.:
  /dev/sda1 /windows  vfat  user,noauto 0 0

it can be mounted by anybody.  Probably you could do it with udev, somehow,
too; since it appears no different on my system from an actual hotplugged USB
storage partition.
--
derek