What happened to the repos?

Abdullah Ramazanoglu ar018 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 18:46:36 UTC 2005

I've a basically pristine Kubuntu 5.04. In sources.list only hoary-updates,
hoary-security, universe and multiverse added on top of stock
sources.list. And only package additions are kommander, xine, mplayer,
ksensors and kmymoney (maybe a few more but I don't remember).

Until recently there was no consistency problem in apt, but now I want to
install quanta :
root at kubuntu54:~ # apt-get install quanta
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  kaffeine: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.4-1) but 2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu13 is to be
installed
            Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.3.0) but 2.2.3-4ubuntu7 is to be
installed
            Depends: libidn11 (>= 0.5.13) but 0.5.2-3 is to be installed
  quanta: Depends: libcvsservice0 (>= 4:3.1.95-0) but it is not going to be
installed
          Depends: kfilereplace but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: klinkstatus but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: quanta-data (= 4:3.4.0-0ubuntu2.2) but it is not going
to be installed
          Depends: tidy but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

So...
root at kubuntu54:~ # apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kaffeine kubuntu-desktop
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 3576kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
...it wants to remove kubuntu-desktop. What gives?
--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu
aramazan ÄT myrealbox D0T cöm