losing frequent kestrokes

rsevenic at netscape.net rsevenic at netscape.net
Fri Jun 3 17:37:23 UTC 2005

By this point, I've happily installed kubuntu on several machines successfully, but have run into a glitch on a second laptop - as follows:

keystrokes are lost frequently enough so that the system is virtually unusable

it happens when running in X or when a ctrl-alt-f1 to console mode

I tried reinstalling; I also tried a newer kernel

I installed ubuntu in place of kubuntu and got the same behavior (to sidestep KDE)

I have a properly performing libranet 3.0 in a different partition on the same machine (and even stole its xorg.conf)

Any ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Richard

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.