local mail to my user account.

Merv Curley mcurley at eol.ca
Fri Jul 15 21:11:05 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 09:47, Joan Tur wrote:
> Es Divendres, 15 de Juliol de 2005 11:52, en James D Tyler va escriure:
> | I'm using kubuntu. trying to configure my local account in kmail keeps
> | giving me an error that it cannot be locked. How can I specifically set
> | this up for a manual check?
>
> Your user has to be in the "mail" group  ;)

I don't think this is correct since I have never been in a 'mail' group for
kmail.  I have a lock file in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail and don't recall
ever setting 'locking' to none; wherever one does that.

I am no expert in this sort of thing but my lock file has a pid of 1 when I
quit Kontact and then when kontact restarts it gets a new pid number.   kabc
has a lock directory created when kontact starts but has no files in the
directory.  kontact and other modules do not seem to have lock files.  I
vaguely recall having 'lock file' errors in the past but am unable to recall
what caused them or fixed them.

So I am absolutely no help but I don't think the first two replies are the
answer but either may work of course.

Cheerio

--
Merv Curley