Ubuntu reboot: kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs onunknown block(0,

weiyun lv lvweiyun at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:26:12 UTC 2005

thank you first.

>Downloading the kernel from kernel.org is wrong, those are clean
>kernels without required patches.

why downloading from the kernel.org is wrong and what kind of patches do i
need? Later I need to install rtai and comedi onto my system, I am trying to
write a device driver for a ISA interface IO card.
>>  --initrd
I tried to use make-kpkg without --initrd, it gives me same error. I will
try it with --initrd, let's see will it work.