Lost Root, what to do

Leaf grove.warden at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:30:04 UTC 2005

I just finished installing Kubuntu and updated it.  I was adding a user via
KUser, and it wasn't setting up properly, always set the user as UID 0 with
no home directory, so I deleted it.  However, it removed root as well?  I
assume since it was also UID 0?  Now I have no root, I can not invoke sudo
(no password found for root!), etc.  I would really like to repair this as
the time invested to setup everything isn't something I can afford to repeat.
Any help or pointers in a direction I can take?  Thanks.