managing WIFI (KWIFI Manager)

Alexander Antoniades sanderant at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:50:23 UTC 2005

Unfortunately I've had mixed luck with KDE and wifi, but the wifi
manager has usually worked, although sometimes I have to activate it
multiple times. IMHO you shouldn't have to be root to choose activate
a configuration. Part of the KDE applet gap.

There's an interesting sounding program called Kifi I keep meaning to
add to suggested apps (I'll go do that now), but I have no idea how
well it actually works.

Also there is a gnome/freedesktop applet called Network Manager that
will appear in the KDE system tray. I can't find the package name
Ubuntu at the moment.

Good luck,

Sander