[Kubuntu-council] Use of the money that we have in the bank

Rick Timmis ricktimmis68 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:12:04 UTC 2018

Hi

I don't think merchandise is the way forward. It usually doesn't get
distributed, and so is effect is lost.

I think finding a way to have merchandise vendors drop ship for us, and we
link in a Shopify account to our website would be better. Kubuntu fans can
buy the kit they want, and love and wear it proudly. We get the same
effect, and generate some revenue.

I'd like to see more coverage, like the article I wrote for Linux Mag, that
generates slot of awareness.

I agree with Alan, having funds to get our core Dev and Council teams out
to meet, greet and build relationships would be very worth while.

I would like to try the Kubuntu Kafe again. I need a co-host, script
writer, and post show video / audio editor  (Fiver ?) but most importantly
we need a social media manager, to keep the momentum and co-ordination.

The best way to grow our community is to engage with it

Best wishes
Rick