Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 07:29:34 UTC 2017

Franklin asks,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Franklin Weng
<franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Still need to test i386 version?  Didn't Canonical drop i386 in 17.10?

Testing was needed until a few hours before release, which was
Thursday. It is true that Ubuntu will not be releasing i386 for Ubuntu
proper anymore, but we and a few other flavors will continue -- IF we
have testers. You i386 users came through for the alphas and betas,
but I didn't see many tests except from the release team for the most
important testing of all, the Release Candidate.

This is disappointing. I'll have to hear a very good case for keeping
it after the LTS 18.10 next spring. Not just a good case, but a firm
commitment to test. If you are one of the supporters of i386, please
join the release team on Launchpad[1] and commit to testing *every*
pre-release.

Valorie

1. https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-release

--