Xenial Xerus is now open for development
doko at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 27 16:31:18 UTC 2015
Xenial Xerus  is now open for development, with syncs from unstable
still running. The development version already starts with some
- Python 3.5 already is the default Python3 version. Aiming for a
Python2 free desktop for the Xenial release.
- Binutils is built from the trunk, targeting the 2.26 branch.
- The launchpad build farm  saw some changes. If you experience
unexpected build failures without a log, please retry the build.
If the build failure persists, ask on #ubuntu-devel, or file a bug
report for the launchpad-buildd project .
- A glibc update will follow later during this cycle.
- A bunch of library transitions is already triggered by the sync
from Debian. Please help finishing such transitions if you see
- We expect further updates to some language stacks (ruby, perl,
golang, node.js, mono, openjdk, and more).
Please don't procrastinate work targeted for Xenial. We ended the
Wily development cycle with more outstanding build failures and more
outstanding merges than previous release cycles. An upload doesn't
end when you hit upload, but needs to build, and then migrate to the
release pocket of the archive. Please follow-up on build failures and
dep-waits  and pending migrations to the release pocket .
Start working on merges (, ) now, don't wait until you need a
feature freeze exception for your merge. You'll see developers much
more xenial than grumpy!
Please check your uploads in a xenial chroot, don't just test in a wily
environment. See  or  how to setup such a development chroot.
More information about the kubuntu-devel