Upgrade bugs from 14.10 to 15.04

Olivier van der Toorn oliviervdtoorn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:40:28 UTC 2015

> At this point the desktop looked the same as 14.10.
The change from Plasma4 (which 14.10 uses) and Plasma5 (which 15.04)
is quite drastic. I'm wondering if you actually upgraded to 15.04,
what does 'lsb_release -a' tell you?

Side note: 'sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' doesn't perform a release
upgrade, in Ubuntu 'sudo do-release-upgrade' does that. It has allways
been confusing... 'sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' can be seen as 'apt-get
update++'. It has the rights to install, or remove, other packages
when dependencies change. 'apt-get upgrade' does not have that right.

Hope this helps,
- -O.I. van der Toorn.