New site Feedback

list at xenhideout.nl list at xenhideout.nl
Wed Apr 8 17:10:05 UTC 2015

Erm, let me just summarize that piece a bit, it is a bit of a chaos writeup it
seems:....

1. I have a WPML version that is the latest version and that might still work
very well in WP 4+. It has a feature that in its (desired) mode of having a
language URL as "site.com/xx/site-url-for-page" the default language also uses
that setup, ie. a default language of english comes up as site.com/en/pagename.
Apparently it does not work fully for pages (static pages) yet but that should
be easy to fix with a bit of time.

Also, that behaviour can be removed again, probably not all that hard. In the
sense that I can put the checks back in. So the current behaviour is to have a
/en/ or /nl/ or /fr/ code or whatever languages you have, put into the url for
default language as well as secondary posts, when you select that option in the
WPML config (the option for that format). Other formats are of course having a
subdomain (that is being rewritten by your hosting platform/engine) or having
the language code (for secondary languages) in the url as ?lang=.

I'm not sure if there'd be an interest in that here, I just spent some fixing
up my old site that I used as a demonstration for a certain thing i wanted to
make.

2. I think the slogans for the feature page, to begin with, are not very
attractive because they lack information while not being any intriguing. I
could give a sample or a an example rewrite for all of the slogans (that have
the big header format) as a form of showing how it would look, work and feel,
to you.

Probably you'd want to rephrase the entire text if you make changes like that,
but not necessary for a mockup like that, that I am proposing here.