CI for stable apps

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Apr 7 07:37:03 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it our plan to eventually cover all the packages with CI?

Yes everything that is kf5 and has a version control set up somewhere.
Which is probably going to be next to everything we maintain at some
point.

> Is that
> even possible with the resources -- both human and machine -- that we
> have?

machine: yes. there are still some refinements to be made but
generally builds do not trigger unless they need to be triggered, so
while we have >800 build jobs only about 100-200 builds would actually
trigger on a normal day.

human: yes in theory. I have however been pretty much the only person
adjusting things and packaging new things and writing tech around all
this which worries me greatly.

> And is it important.

Who knows. It certainly prevented some 3 ABI breakages upstream which
traditionally would cause an exciting headache on our end come release
day.

HS