LibreOffice

Mark Fraser mfraz74+ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:02:54 UTC 2014

On Monday 31 Mar 2014 11:19:40 Isaac Mercer wrote:
> I believe it is something to do with the .desktop files in the
> /usr/share/applications directory. Can you post the contents of the
> startcenter one  and libreoffice writer so i can have a look at the Exec=
> line.

I've pasted the content of both .desktop files at the end of this email. I've
since tried launching LibreOffice on my laptop which is also running 14.04 and
I can't even launch startcenter on that.

Also, I'd previously had this problem with LO 4.2.3 rc2 in the LO PPA and when
I went back to 4.2.1 in the normal repos it worked again.

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Icon=libreoffice-writer
Type=Application
Categories=Office;WordProcessor;X-Red-Hat-Base;X-MandrivaLinux-Office-
Wordprocessors;
Exec=libreoffice --writer %U
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-
template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-
web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-
master;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.global;application/msword;application/vnd.ms-
word;application/x-doc;application/x-
hwp;application/rtf;text/rtf;application/vnd.wordperfect;application/wordperfect;application/vnd.lotus-
wordpro;application/vnd.openxmlformats-
officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;application/vnd.ms-
word.document.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.openxmlformats-
officedocument.wordprocessingml.template;application/vnd.ms-
word.template.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.ms-
works;application/vnd.stardivision.writer-global;application/x-extension-
txt;application/x-t602;text/plain;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-
flat-xml;application/x-fictionbook+xml;application/macwriteii;application/x-
aportisdoc;application/prs.plucker;application/vnd.palm;application/clarisworks;
Name=LibreOffice Writer
GenericName=Word Processor
Comment=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and
Web pages by using Writer.
StartupNotify=true
Keywords=Text;Letter;Fax;Document;OpenDocument Text;Microsoft Word;Microsoft
Works;Lotus WordPro;OpenOffice Writer;CV;odt;doc;docx;rtf;
InitialPreference=5
StartupWMClass=libreoffice-writer
X-KDE-Protocols=file,http,smb,ftp,webdav

Actions=NewDocument;
[Desktop Action NewDocument]
Name=New Document
Exec=libreoffice --writer
OnlyShowIn=Unity;

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
NoDisplay=false
Icon=libreoffice-startcenter
Type=Application
Categories=Office;X-Red-Hat-Base;X-SuSE-Core-Office;X-MandrivaLinux-Office-
Other;
Exec=libreoffice %U
MimeType=application/vnd.openofficeorg.extension;
Name=LibreOffice
GenericName=Office
Comment=The office productivity suite compatible to the open and standardized
ODF document format. Supported by The Document Foundation.
StartupNotify=true
StartupWMClass=libreoffice-startcenter
X-KDE-Protocols=file,http,smb,ftp,webdav

##Define Actions
Actions=Writer;Calc;Impress;Draw;Base;Math;

[Desktop Action Writer]
Name=Text Document
Exec=libreoffice --writer
OnlyShowIn=Unity;