KF5 Packaging

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:12:33 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 January 2014 14:24:37 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I've started packaging the KF5 Technical Preview for Kubuntu and I'd really
> like the packages to be able to be picked up by Debian.
>
> I'm putting them into our experimental PPA.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/experimental/+packages
>
> Please take a look and let me know of any changes needed.

I really don't know if I'll be able to make the time to look at them, but:

> some questions:
>  do -dbg packages get a library version?  libfoo5-dbg or libfoo-dbg (or is
> Debian getting automatically made dbgsym any time soon?)

At first thought I think I would use libfoo5-dbg, but I remember that ¿Pino?
told me some rationale behind preferring libfoo-dbg that made me do the switch
in libqjson. I think it was similar to the -dev one, but I can't tell it for
sure.

>debian/copyright
> Source point to git archive or
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks/kcodecs

The last one.

> use multi-arch: same?

If it's applicable, I don't see why not.

>  attica has same source package in qt4 version, renamed to attica-kf5   but
> is kf5attica better? (alternativly they could both be built out of the same
> source as I've done with phonon but that gets complex quickly).

If I would be looking for attica I would expect the source name to start with
attica. So I would prefer attica-kf5 as source name.

And I think I'll go with phonon-qt5 for source name instead of mangling the
rules files that much. If the source has a bug, I prefer to push two sources
than needing to mangle error-prone rules files.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/