Fwd [ubuntu-release] Please promote 64-bit images by default on the download pages

pansz pan.shizhu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 01:17:26 UTC 2013

+1 for 64-bit.

AMD starts 64-bit from K8 on 2003, Intel starts 64-bit on Core 2 and
Pentium D (i.e. 2005).

I think the only 32-bit x86 cpu is "1st generation Atom", which should be
very few in the market. New Atom cpu has 64-bit support.

Let's move to 64-bit and give a prompt like this: use 32-bit only if you
cannot boot 64-bit image.