[kubuntu-devel] Change the default settings of Kubuntu to improve the first time

Volkan Gezer volkangezer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:27:00 UTC 2013

Just to give an idea about first-run icons and splash screen please
find two images on the links below. Instead of blank desktop folderview
that placed some icons. Also there is a welcome splash screen.

Also has anyone read about my translation status message? I almost
finished it (https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/oneiric/+lang/tr),
but this is an oneiric documents since Launchpad recommended me to do
it. Will they be included on the next Raring release or am I late
since I cannot merge them into Raring?

Lastly, no official response came related to KDE icon on
Kickofflauncher. Will it remain the same or will you use Kubuntu icon
instead?

Screenshot1: http://s14.postimage.org/8kfbo93sh/opensuse1.png
Screenshot2: http://s14.postimage.org/rqsirfka9/opensuse2.png

Volkan GEZER