Change the default settings of Kubuntu to improve the first time user experience

Tomasz Dudzik madsheytan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:21:40 UTC 2013

We can leave the browser topic by now. I think everyone who wants to try
out Kubuntu already know how to visit google.com and hit the "GET CHROME "
button. We need to concentrate on look&feel. So:

-create a new background for installer, lightdm & splash.
-create a user friendly KCM to turn on local sharing. OS X has done this
very well.
-avatar from webcam/file and wifi connection support in Ubiquity
-make user configuration user friendly
-finally change the installer slieshow. This didn't change for about 3-4
releases.
-add more monochromatic icons for all notification-helpers. Please use
existing or talk to Nuno Pinheiro.

I will work on artwork, as some of you might know. Please, if you fell good
in programing take care of the rest.

I think these are most important changes from the new user point view.

Please vote! :)

Pozdrawiam, T. Dudzik