UDS changes

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 16:03:10 UTC 2013

Le Thursday 28 February 2013 16:35:14 Aleix Pol a écrit :

> If Kubuntu wants to strength links with KDE, a good start would be to
> actually trust KDE maintainers on which are stable versions.

A balance have to be found here: Kubuntu maintainers have to ensure shipped
packages work with the platform, upgrade smoothly, work on all supported
hardware, and comply with Ubuntu guidelines. That and there must be enough
workforce available to take care of packaging.

But that is a good topic for a BoF I think.

> Also making sure that the developers are aware of how is Kubuntu patching
> their software by posting the patches to upstream and let them have a say.
> I'm unsure what's the l10n status at the moment with Kubuntu+KDE, but using
> KDE infrastructure would be benefitial too.

AFAIK Kubuntu policy is to get all patches reviewed upstream.

I remember a few UDS where we had a session with Thiago, reviewing Qt patches.
I don't think it is possible to create BoFs for all packages, but creating
BoFs to review say platform (kdelibs, kde-runtime...), workspace (kde-
workspace, kdeplasma-addons...), pim (kdepimlibs, kdepim...) and calligra
patches with relevant maintainers would already be a good start.

Aurélien