UDS changes

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 15:35:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org> wrote:

> Le Tuesday 26 February 2013 23:00:45 Harald Sitter a écrit :
> > Clearly Canonical is encouraging us to increase upstream transparency, so
> > it only makes sense that we should all attend Akademy to discuss directly
> > with our upstream on how to shape the future of free software. Supposedly
> > we should have an online session discussing just how we make the most out
> > of Akademy which (unfortunately) is only held once a year
> >
> > http://akademy2013.kde.org/
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to make Kubuntu presence at Akademy
> stronger. I
> would not go as far as suggesting we co-host a Kubuntu sprint at Akademy,
> but
> we could:
>
> - Schedule a few BoFs
> - Announce that Kubuntu developers will be attending Akademy, and are
> looking
> forward to discuss with KDE developers
>
> Aurélien

If Kubuntu wants to strength links with KDE, a good start would be to
actually trust KDE maintainers on which are stable versions.

Also making sure that the developers are aware of how is Kubuntu patching
their software by posting the patches to upstream and let them have a say.
I'm unsure what's the l10n status at the moment with Kubuntu+KDE, but using
KDE infrastructure would be benefitial too.

Aleix