[kubuntu-devel] Change the default settings of Kubuntu to improve the first time

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Feb 6 15:08:46 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 04:05:24 AM Volkan Gezer wrote:
> I know this discussion lasted so long, but I would like to add some
> more comments on welcome screen. People like to see some things only
> the first time and to be let configure the settings on first-run. It
> is very good letting them to choose simply things.

You've got an uphill battle on this.  The people actually doing the work of
developing Kubuntu, in general, have a different view.  They are unlikely to
expend much effort working on things they think will worsen Kubuntu.

The way to make this kind of change is to become involved in development of
Kubuntu (we're apparently very friendly).  People who are involved in doing
the work of developing Kubuntu naturally get more of a voice.  This is a
community run effort that's open to anyone.

Scott K