Crashes in QtDeclarative continue with 13.10

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 24 15:17:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> On Monday 23 December 2013 11:31:23 Harald Sitter wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Christoph Feck
> <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
>> > What can be done to help resolving this issue? Do unpatched Qt
>> > 4.8.5 PPA's exist for directing reporters there for testing?
>>
>> We could try to create a set of PPAs with different versions but
>> that will take a while, what with Qt being so big and all ;)
>
> What exactly are the difficulties in packaging Qt? If you could list
> them, maybe someone could help here.

Being fat and taking forever to build.

> Still being stuck at Qt 4.8.4
> also means that every forked distribution, such as the just released
> Mint 16 Petra, is affected by the same crash.

Perhaps what would be best is package up .5 including patches for a
PPA, test whether that also exhibits the crash and if not look into
shipping .5 as an update.
If it still has produces the crash we'll have to look for the patch
causing trouble anyway (though from a quick glance the other day
nothing seems particularly related).

HS