kubuntu 14.04 wants to install firefox

Dale Trombley buzzmandt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 01:53:07 UTC 2013

I have been using 14.04 kubuntu development version since it was ready for
testers. Even though I really liked firefox at one time I really don't like
it anymore and don't use it. I have never install firefox on this setup and
still have the Mozilla Firefox Browser Installer icon in
menu>applications>internet.

Not sure what has changed but suddenly doing a dist-upgrade wants to
install firefox. I don't want it unless it's a change the developers have
done to default to firefox.  If the developers have made this change I will
let it install and use it for testing.

Otherwise, how is the best way to dig into what is suddenly wanting to
install firefox?

Thank you
Dale Trombley
Testing Dev something since 2006