[kubuntu-devel] Looking to contribute

jriddell at ubuntu.com jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon May 21 10:10:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:08:47PM -0400, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> I've been lurking as a Kubuntu user since 5.04 first hit, and I'm
> interested in getting involved and contributing back. Looking for any
> areas where I may be able to help.

Great, come on in.

At this early stage in the cycle there will be a bunch of work to merge the packages to minimise the changes against Debian.  So as a way to start I'd suggest grabbing a package and working out the differences against Debian and if they should be kept.

pick a KDE package from https://merges.ubuntu.com/main.html  maybe skanlite

We tend to work best on IRC in #kubuntu-devel so just say hi and ask for help when you get stuck (I'm off IRC for a wee brake until the start of June).

Jonathan