GTK System Settings Module in 12.10

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 1 12:10:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
> First of all, I'm glad you're interested in working in this new KCM we made.
> I'm convinced that the new one can add some value.
>
> I have not much to add, about the GTK dependency, it can be compiled without
> the gtk_* executables. In this case you wouldn't get examples but it would
> still work. If it doesn't ping me and we can probably manage it. On the
> other hand, it shows that something wrong is going on. Who'd want to
> configure GTK without GTK installed?

that last point makes me wonder... how about making muon/qapt install
the KCM only once libgtk gets installed? it does indeed not make sense
to configure GTK without having GTK installed so why should we have it
on the CD if there is no GTK on the CD (altho IMHO configuring GTK
altogether does not make sense as it should use Qt's style, but oh
well).

HS