[kubuntu-devel] Re: kde telepathy?

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 16 08:47:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 03:00:26AM +0000, David Edmundson wrote:
> I am inclined to agree with you, as much as I don't want to. I
> genuinely think we're a much better product for most the vast majority
> of users, but the ones who are missing a feature they had in Kopete
> will kick up such a big noisy fuss and that will be bad for everyone.

One could also argue that since Canonical doesn't care about Kubuntu
for the mass market any more we should go for the geek market where
people will live with transitions better.

It could be moved to the DVD or just to universe but let's give it a
bit more time to find what the remaining issues are anyway.

Incidently our CDs are a precious 1MB smaller today than yesterday,
the main difference is kde-telepathy.

Jonathan